Gabrea Journal
The ongoing adventures of three Libertines in love!

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Behind the bar....at last


Last night was my first night as a bartender. in Mexico no less.

I love bars, have wanted to own one for years, and just the thought of working in one makes me want a drink.

Last night was my first night as a bartender. If you have worked in a bar, surely this is old hat, but there are interesting people in bars, and the view from behind the bar is a very clear vision of what is really going on. You are friend to all, with the grape on the vine being yours to share, yet the fact that money is in the picture makes it all different. Trust is fleeting, but the drink helps you forget that.

I am stoked for the opportunity. You know I missed my gal, being she had to go home before the sun set. Oddly enough, I was comforted by the fact that i got her drunk on my first night as a bartender before she left....god bless the Vodka Gimlet of Doom, my very first drink special.

Last night was my first night as a bartender. It was cool.

Powered by Blogger